What are Progressive Jackpots?
If you’ve ever stepped foot inside of a casino, then you’ve heard the term “progressive” before. Just what are progressive jackpots? A progressive is an amount that keeps going up as more and more play the machine without winning. Once someone wins, they get that money and the amount resets.
It doesn’t reset to scratch, but to a predetermined amount. Progressive jackpots that haven’t been won in some time tend to be really, really lucrative payouts. It’s important to keep in mind that it got that high by people playing and losing.
That's why you need to be well aware that you could just be another one of those losers that raises the jackpot. Of course, someone has to win it at some point, too!
Mega Moolah and Mega Fortune Jackpot
If you’re looking for some good progressive jackpots, look no further than Mega Moolah and Mega Fortune Jackpot. They’re two of the most popular slots around, possibly in the entire world. Years ago, a Swedish man won 2.9 million euro off of Mega Fortune Jackpot, which really tells you all you need to know. These slot machines are popular for a reason, after all.
They’re completely legit, wildly fun, and yes, you can win an absurd amount of money.
This is the power of progressive jackpots. These two machines are definitely worth seeking out.
Progressive Slots Jackpot Online in the United Kingdom
Gambling online really presents a pro/con situation for progressive slots jackpot online. On one hand, there are more people gambling. Any online casino in the United Kingdom that you go to is going to have more players than your local brick-and-mortar gaming facility.
That means that there are more people who could win that jackpot before you do. On the other hand, however, more people playing means more people losing. That makes the progressive jackpot rise all that much quicker. There’s definitely a case to be made for playing online.
How to Find the Best Progressive Jackpots in the United Kingdom
- License and regulations – Look for casinos that have licenses from strict and reputable regulators.
- Safety and security – Typically, you need casinos that secure your information with data encryption technology and robust firewalls.
- Trustworthy and reputation – If you find negative reviews about a casino, the probability is it's unreliable.
- Number and variety of progressive games – Progressive jackpots promise life-changing wins. You want a website with many titles from for example Microgaming.
- User experience (App) – There's no better way to enjoy gaming than to find a great mobile site.
- Bonuses and promotions – With the popularity of bonuses today, it's normal to want a casino offering different offers. Join casinos with bonuses on your subsequent deposits.
- Loyalty program (VIP-Program) – VIP rewards are essential since they make you feel at home. Of course, you'd be discouraged from being a loyal player if your casino fails to recognize your loyalty.
- Customer service – While you hope to play without contacting customer service, sometimes, it's inevitable. Usually, when you do, you hope for responsive and helpful assistance.
Types of Progressive Jackpots
UK online casinos that we recommend provide you with different types of progressive jackpot slots. The most popular ones you will always come across include:
- In-house jackpots – This is a jackpot consisting of different slot machines connected together to form one progressive jackpot. Besides that, the slot machines are from a single casino, and the jackpot amount doesn't reach millions.
- Stand-alone progressive jackpots – As the name suggests, this is a progressive jackpot slot not linked to other slot machines.
- Networked progressive jackpots – These are slot machines from different casinos linked together to form one jackpot amount. Again, this type of jackpot has the potential to reach millions.
Progressive Slots Developers
The progressive jackpot slots you will find at our recommended UK casinos are from established software developers. You will, for instance, come across top-rated jackpot slots developed by:
- Microgaming – Microgaming is known for developing popular progressive jackpots like Mega Moolah, Treasure Nile, Major Millions, and KingCashalot. All these jackpots have millions, meaning you can play and win big.
- Playtech – Our casinos provide you with Playtech jackpot slots such as Age of the Gods, Beach Life, DC Super Heroes, etc.
- NetEnt – NetEnt progressive jackpot slots you will find at our casinos include Cosmic Fortune, Arabian Nights, Divine Fortune, Hall of Gods, etc.
Advantages of Progressive Slots
Progressive jackpot slots you will find at our recommended British casinos have unmatched benefits. Some of these benefits are as follows:
- Huge jackpots – The jackpot amount keeps increasing, which means you have a chance to win big.
- In-game bonuses and special features – Just like the normal slots, jackpot slots have in-game bonus features that reward you during the gameplay. For example, you can rest assured of receiving bonus spins.
- Easy to play – You don't have to be an experienced player in order to play progressive jackpot slots. In other words, progressive jackpots are games of chances.
Disadvantages of Progressive Jackpot Slot Machines
Progressive jackpot slots also have some disadvantages. They are not many, but it is good you keep them in mind. They include:
- More volatility – Progressive jackpot slots are like a double-edged sword which means you can win or lose larger amounts.
- More losing sessions – For the jackpot to reach millions, players must lose money. This means that you have fewer winning sessions.
- Low return to player rate – The progressive jackpot amount is always higher. As a result, the return to player rate becomes low.
UK online casinos with progressive jackpots are undeniably the best sites you should try out. Specifically, these casinos give you a chance to play progressive jackpot slots and become an instant millionaire. Additionally, the casinos have a wide range of progressive jackpot slots from high-class game makers.
Whether you like Mega Moolah, Major Millions, Treasure Nile, or Divine Fortune, the casinos have it all. When it comes to game makers, you will play jackpot slots from the likes of Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, etc. That said, you can choose a casino with progressive jackpots on our list and get started right away.
Which progressive jackpots can I play?
The casinos offer titles like Divine Fortune, Mega Fortune, Mega Moolah, Major Millions, and Hall of Gods.
How can I tell a licensed site?
Mainly, legal casinos provide their licensing information at the bottom of the page.
Can I play for free?
Most casinos allow you to play progressive jackpots for free. However, you can't win real money.
Do the casinos have security measures?
Fortunately, yes. All casinos have security protocols that they use to enhance the safety of your information.
Are progressive slots worth it?
On the one hand, it can be very advantageous to play progressive jackpot slots. They are the only online slot machine games which are going to see you win millions of dollars worth of prizes. However, non-progressive (regular) slots are never going to let you down.
What is a progressive jackpot?
A progressive jackpot is where a small percentage of each bet on a progressive pokies game goes towards a larger jackpot. That's where the word “progressive” comes into play, as the jackpot gets progressively bigger with each bet until someone wins the jackpot. You can win progressive jackpot pokies randomly, or get to a special bonus game within the game you are playing.
How are the Jackpot winnings paid if I win on a progressive slot?
If you win a progressive jackpot slot, winnings will be paid by the casino operator in case it's a local or network jackpot, or by the software provider if it is a jackpot prize tied to a specific game or series of progressive slot titles. Usually, jackpots will be paid by a lump sum, however, in some cases, jackpots are paid in instalments. Check the game's Terms & Conditions for more information.
How do progressive jackpots work?
Progressive jackpot games work similarly to lotteries. Every time a player on the game's network makes a spin, a small portion of their bet gets placed into a pooled jackpot.
Lars Wahlström is a recognized leader in the iGaming industry, with over 20 years of experience from both the tech side and an operator. He's now CEO and Publisher at ARGO Gaming Group, the company behind Casinoclaw.
Games and gambling has been an interest of Lars' since early years and besides slots and casino, he's also into poker, sports betting and trotting.
All this experience is drawn upon when he writes, and we dare say he's one of the best casino writers out there. Lars' base is the ARGO HQ and Stockholm office, but he travels a lot and often participates in industry trade shows and panels. To get in contact with Lars, use our contact page or message him directly on LinkedIn or Twitter.