Canadian Blackjack Casino sites
It might seem crazy to some that there are entire online casinos out there just dedicated to blackjack. However, this is simply testament to the popularity of blackjack. A good blackjack casino also offers more than just the regular 21 version of the game. Yes, the classic version is the most popular, but there are also many exciting versions of the classic card game. These include variants like progressive black jack, European, Pontoon, and Spanish 21. Of course, Las Vegas and Atlantic City have their own versions, too. They’re all easy to learn, fun to play, and most casinos offer them. Many online casinos specializing in blackjack also offer exclusive bonuses, so you’re not left out just because you don’t want to play slots.
Play Blackjack Online in Canada
Even in Canada, you could throw a rock and hit a casino that offers blackjack, but you want to play it online. That’s where you’ll find all the variations, the biggest sign up bonuses, and the tables that always have an open seat. There’s nothing worse than going to the casino and finding the table you want to play at is full. That’s never an issue online. It’s just you, the cards, and your focus. Focus is important, too, because you’re not going to win a huge pot. Slow and steady wins the race in blackjack, so you’ll want to be comfortable, and there's nothing more comfortable than your own house.
How we rank live blackjack casinos with real money
Before recommending live blackjack casinos to you, we first check all the casinos' aspects. Specifically, we check if casinos have what it takes to take your experience to another level. For instance, we rank live dealer casinos based on the following metrics.
- License and regulations – We indeed understand that there are illegal live blackjack games out there. As a result, we check if relevant authorities license and regulate these casinos. For example, we check licenses such as MGA, UK Gambling Commission, Curaçao, etc.
- Safety and security – Your safety and security are our priorities. To this end, we check if casinos have SSL encryption, firewalls, etc. Also, we check if they have approvals from independent third parties.
- Trustworthy and reputation – Gambling is a business that deals with money and other sensitive information. Therefore, you should join a casino that you can trust with your money. In order to rank these casinos, we check their trustworthiness and reputation.
- User experience (app) – Still, we check if you can play live blackjack on the go. Precisely, we rank the casinos based on whether they have apps for iOS and Android devices.
- Bonuses and promotions – If online casinos have impressive bonuses and promotions, we consider them to be the best. The casinos on our list will give you welcome bonuses, cashback bonuses, reload bonuses, etc.
- Loyalty program (VIP-program) – Of course, loyal customers deserve VIP treatments. To this end, we check if online casinos have VIP programs. If they have, we put them on our list of best casinos.
- Deposit and withdrawal options – To play at casinos with real money, your first need to top-up your account. For that reason, we first check the deposit and withdrawal options available to you. To be precise, we check whether the options are diverse, safe, secure, and fast.
- Customer service – We also want you to get quality customer service. The best live casino games should have 24/7 customer support. Furthermore, the support team should be knowledgeable and friendly.
Live dealer blackjack casino rules
Live dealer blackjack is totally different from its virtual online variants. Specifically, in live blackjack the croupier deal the cards from a traditional shoe. It has rules such as:
- 8 decks – Live dealer blackjack has 8 decks with 52 playing cards. Moreover, the shoe penetration is always 50%, and you can only change it after 4 decks are dealt.
- 3:2 – Usually, the payout percentage of live dealer games is 3 to 2. This is the industry standard rate. Avoid casinos with 6:5. It might seem a small difference but the casino actually increase it's house edge with over 400%! 3:2 means a house edge of roughly 0.5% which makes Blackjack on of the cheapest casino games to play.
- Soft 17 – This is one of the basic rules of blackjack. The general rules require the dealer to draw on 16 or less. Also, the dealer must stand on 17 and more. If the dealer’s 17, however, contains an ace counted as 11, then that hand is soft 17.
- Double down – With this rule, you have a chance to increase your initial bet up to 100%. In return, you must stand after taking an extra card.
- No re-splits – Some casinos will require you not to split your identical cards and have two hands. So, if you, for instance, get two eights, you must continue playing with them.
- Player can’t hit the re-split aces – At many online casinos, you can’t hit an ace after a split. Instead, each ace will receive one extra card.
- No late surrender – With this rule, you have no chance to surrender and take half of your bet.
- Perfect pairs – This is a side bet that can guarantee you some winnings even after losing the main hand. To play, you first need to place the initial ante on the game. After that, go to the perfect pairs box and place your chip. If the two cards received pair, then you will win the game. If they don’t pair, you will lose.
- 21 + 3 – Live dealer blackjack also has a 21+3 side bet. With this one, you will need your original game ante and then place your bet on the 21+3 box. Besides, your aim will be to create the best three-card poker hand after combining the first two cards that the dealer has dealt.
Live blackjack strategy
Indeed, you play live dealer blackjack in order to win some money. To this end, you need to apply some strategies if you want to beat the house. Some strategies include:
- Hitting and standing – Hitting strategy is where you take a card and add it to your hand. If the dealer's upturned card is 2 or 3, you can hit on 12 or less. On the other hand, if the dealer’s card is 4, 5, 6, you can hit on 11 or less. Standing strategy is where you keep your cards without taking any more cards.
- Double down – If you have confidence in your cards, you can apply this strategy. Precisely, you will double your bet and take an additional card.
- Splitting – Sometimes, you may have two cards of the same value. You can split these cards and have two hands.
What is the difference between a soft and hard hand in blackjack?
The main difference between a soft and hard hand is one card – the ace. If one of your two cards is an ace, then you have a soft hand. This is because an ace can be 1 or 11, meaning the risk is less. In fact, it is considered soft because there are fewer risks. With an 8 and an Ace, your hand could be 9 or 19. A hard hand is a hand without Aces. The risks with a hard hand are high since you can't change the hand. For example, if you are dealt with two 5s, you will have 10.
Recommended live blackjack game providers
When looking to play live blackjack, it is good to consider the game developer. This is because there are developers who offer low-quality live dealer games. Here, we have done the job of finding the leading developers of live casino games. We recommend you try out blackjack from the following suppliers.
- Evolution Gaming – Undoubtedly, Evolution Gaming is the leading developer of live dealer blackjack. Founded in 2006, the developer has popular titles such as Power Blackjack, Infinite Blackjack, and Diamond VIP Live Blackjack.
- NetEnt – This is also among the leading developers of live dealer blackjack. Popular versions from this supplier include VIP Live Blackjack, Common Draw Live Blackjack, and Live Blackjack.
- Microgaming – If you want a live casino experience like no other, you should try live casino from Microgaming. You will get variations such as European Blackjack, Classic Blackjack, and Super 7.
- Playtech – Established in 1999, Playtech also leads the way when it comes to live blackjack. The best variations include Grand Blackjack, Blackjack VIP, and Royale Blackjack.
High limits: Evolution Gaming Diamond VIP Live Blackjack
If you are a high roller looking for a game to play, we have got your back. Evolution Gaming, the industry-leading developer of live casino, has a game for you. Specifically, the developer has a Diamond VIP Live Blackjack that allows you to stake high. The minimum you can stake is $1000. On the other hand, the maximum stake per bet is $5000. In addition to that, there are professional live dealers that will make sure you enjoy a VIP atmosphere at your home. You will also enjoy HD cameras, multi-angle feed, side bets, and many other benefits.
Advantages of playing live blackjack casino
As you play live dealer blackjack, you will indeed enjoy a variety of benefits. You will get benefits such as:
- Real-time with real dealers – Live dealer games have a real atmosphere similar to that of a physical casino. They happen in real-time, and you will play them while in the comfort of your home.
- Anonymity – Live blackjack games involve the real dealer and the player only. In other words, it doesn’t involve third parties.
- Promotions – You will get live casino bonuses and promotions. For example, you will get a live casino welcome bonus, cashback bonuses, reload bonuses, etc.
- Play at any time, any place – Then, live dealer blackjack games are mobile-optimized. To this end, you can play any time, any place via iOS and Android devices.
- Chat function – There is a live chat function that allows you to chat with dealers. This makes the session more interactive and engaging.
Disadvantages that might occur
Before you play live dealer blackjack, you need to note down some disadvantages. Since they may prevent you from playing, it is good you keep them in mind. They include:
- Technical issues and errors – Live blackjack requires the usage of the most advanced technology. Most of the devices used are prone to technical issues and errors.
- Slow gameplay – Live blackjack requires you to perform many things at the same time. Because of that, the gameplay may be slow.
- Table capacity – Also, the live blackjack tables may be limited. At some casinos, you may even lack a live blackjack table to join.
Live blackjack casino summary
Live blackjack is arguably one of the best live dealer games you should try out. With this game, you will get a real gaming atmosphere while in the comfort of your home. In fact, live casino tables have a chat function. You can use this feature to chat with dealers and other players.
In addition to that, live dealer games for both low rollers and high rollers are easy to find. So, your bankroll should not deny you a chance to experience a live casino right in your home. That said, we have compiled a list of casinos with the best live blackjack variations. At these casinos, you will get promotions, unlimited banking options, and 24/7 customer support. You can select the one you want, and rest assured of getting a live casino experience like no other.