What is a reload bonus?
Most players know what a deposit bonus is. You deposit a certain amount of money, and the casino will match a certain percentage in house money. This is a very common welcome bonus. The idea is to give you a big bankroll to start off with. A reload bonus, on the other hand, is when the Canadian online casino rewards you for refilling your bank roll. Say you’re well past your initial deposit, maybe even months or years into your membership with a certain casino. How new or old of a client you are doesn’t matter. If you make a deposit while the casino is offering a reload bonus, you’ll get bonus house money.
How we rank the best reload bonuses in Canada
Casinos give players a bonus for depositing cash into their accounts. It is a way to reward loyal players for playing for real money at their websites regularly. Here is how we rank the best reload bonuses in Canada.
- License and regulations – There are credible and notable licensing authorities in the casino industry like the Canadian Kahnawake License, Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission. Licenses from such authorities are much coveted. Therefore, the casino offering reload bonuses should be regulated and licensed by a credible authority.
- Safety and security – We check whether the casino has put safety measures to protect you from hackers. There must be an industry-standards online security solution like secure socket layer (SSL) to ensure your personal information is safe while transacting at the casino.
- Trustworthy and reputation – Casinos that use random generators on their games guarantee you fairness because game outcomes are not fixed. In other words, it demonstrates trustworthiness. A good reputation is also highly desirable and essential when rating casinos with reload bonuses.
- Number and variety of games – The casino’s game collection must have an array of good-quality titles from renowned software studios. That way, you are sure of getting an excellent gaming experience. Besides, there should be several game variants to let you choose what excites you.
- User experience (app) – There should be a dedicated mobile app compatible with operating systems such as iOS and Android. The app should be easy to install and use. Alternatively, the website should be optimized to load seamlessly on mobile devices.
- Reload bonuses and promotions – We also look at the perks the casino gives to players. Good casinos will give you reload bonuses with fair wagering requirements after depositing funds into your account regularly. Moreover, the casino should have promotional offers like weekly or monthly bonuses for players.
- Loyalty program (VIP-program) – Loyalty programs are common at most iGaming houses. Therefore, the casino should have a well-structured loyalty program with various perks and a well-defined procedure on how players move from one VIP status to another
- Customer service – There should be 24/7 customer service with a competent crew. Besides, the casino should have several communication channels such as e-mail, live chat, and phone.
Difference between welcome bonus vs reload bonus
So there you have it. The difference between welcome bonus vs reload bonus is that the former rewards you for your initial deposit and the latter rewards you for just making a deposit, period. Most reload bonus offers also have a time limit. You have to make a deposit within a certain time frame or on a certain day of the week to get the casino bonus. The details are the same as a deposit bonus, too. They’ll tell you upfront how much of a percentage they’ll match. It’s often times 100%, which is great.
Using bonus codes to reload as an existing player
While bonus codes aren’t used nearly as often as they used to be, they still exist. Some casinos use them, especially if they’re going for that old-school vibe. You’re much more likely to get bonus codes to reload bonuses rather than welcome bonuses. Casinos want new players and they want to make it as easy as possible to get them signed up. Bonus codes make it a little complicated. For reload bonuses, however, you’re already a member and you know the ropes, so bonus codes aren’t a big hassle.