What is a Reload Bonus?
Most players know what a deposit bonus is. You deposit a certain amount of money, and the casino will match a certain percentage in house money. This is a very common welcome bonus. The idea is to give you a big bankroll to start off with.
A reload bonus, on the other hand, is when the Canadian online casino rewards you for refilling your bank roll. Say you’re well past your initial deposit, maybe even months or years into your membership with a certain casino.
How new or old of a client you are doesn’t matter. If you make a deposit while the casino is offering a reload bonus, you’ll get bonus house money.
How to Find the Best Reload Bonuses in Canada
Casinos give players a bonus for depositing cash into their accounts. It is a way to reward loyal players for playing for real money at their websites regularly. Here is how to find the best reload bonuses in Canada.
- License and regulations – Canadian Kahnawake License, Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission. Licenses from such authorities are much coveted.
- Safety and security – There must be an industry-standards online security solution like secure socket layer (SSL) to ensure your personal information is safe while transacting at the casino.
- Trustworthy and reputation – A good reputation is also highly desirable and essential when rating casinos with reload bonuses.
- Number and variety of games – The casino’s game collection must have an array of good-quality titles from renowned software studios.
- User experience (app) – The website should be optimized to load seamlessly on mobile devices.
- Reload bonuses and promotions – Good casinos will give you sign up and reload bonuses with fair wagering requirements after depositing funds into your account regularly.
- Loyalty program (VIP-program) – The online casino should have a well-structured VIP and rewards program with various perks.
- Customer service – There should be 24/7 customer service with a competent crew.
Welcome Bonus vs Reload Bonus
So there you have it. The difference between welcome bonus vs reload bonus is that the former rewards you for your initial deposit and the latter rewards you for just making a deposit, period.
Most reload bonus offers also have a time limit. You have to make a deposit within a certain time frame or on a certain day of the week to get the casino bonus.
The details are the same as a deposit bonus, too. They’ll tell you upfront how much of a percentage they’ll match. It’s often times 100%, which is great.
Bonus Codes to Reload as an Existing Player
While bonus codes aren’t used nearly as often as they used to be, they still exist. Some casinos use them, especially if they’re going for that old-school vibe. You’re much more likely to get bonus codes to reload bonuses rather than welcome bonuses.
Casinos want new players and they want to make it as easy as possible to get them signed up. Bonus codes make it a little complicated. For reload bonuses, however, you’re already a member and you know the ropes, so bonus codes aren’t a big hassle.
Lars Wahlström is a recognized leader in the iGaming industry, with over 20 years of experience from both the tech side and an operator. He's now CEO and Publisher at ARGO Gaming Group, the company behind Casinoclaw.
Games and gambling has been an interest of Lars' since early years and besides slots and casino, he's also into poker, sports betting and trotting.
All this experience is drawn upon when he writes, and we dare say he's one of the best casino writers out there. Lars' base is the ARGO HQ and Stockholm office, but he travels a lot and often participates in industry trade shows and panels. To get in contact with Lars, use our contact page or message him directly on LinkedIn or Twitter.