What are Canadian online casinos?
A Canadian Online Casino is a web based gambling site open for people living in Canada! We list, compare and review the best online casinos for Canucks. These casinos benefit Canadian players, but they’re open to players from all over. Whether you’re Canadian or live somewhere else, all of these top 10 gambling sites are well worth your time. Although we're mainly focusing on casinos for the Canadian market, most of these online casinos are multi national companies, and as such, open for most people around the globe.
Top 10 Canadian online casinos with bonuses for residents
If you’re looking for the top 10 Canadian online casinos, any search engine can point you to dozens, if not hundreds. Looking for the best casinos is a different matter entirely. You want good odds, generous welcome bonuses, and hefty jackpots. Furthermore, you want free spins and other bonus offers that you get just for playing. These are the sorts of casinos we like and we’re here to share that information with you. You can certainly find the top 10 internet casinos for Canucks and you can't beat the experiences they offer.
Find the best Canuck casino on the internet
Canada has plenty of land-based casinos that offer sights and sounds that rival places like Las Vegas. There’s no shortage of quality casinos in Canada. That being said, many don’t realize that some of the top casino experiences can be had online. You don’t normally think of Canada when you think about gambling, so a lot of people miss out on these great gambling sites! You can find some of the best card games, online slots, jackpots, and more here.
Real money online casinos
Casino games and card games have always been popular with computer users. For example, everyone has played solitaire on their computer at some point. And while casino games continue to be a fun pastime, people around the world are making serious profit at real money online casinos. Truthfully, if you've ever played at one of these “for fun” casinos, then you're likely familiar enough to win some money for yourself. Don't be afraid to jump in! In fact, we'll even help you find the casino that's right for you.
Canadian online gambling sites with free spins
If you're new to the online gambling scene, then you really need to know about welcome bonuses. Basically, welcome bonuses are not only the casino's way of attracting your business, but they're also somewhat of a thank you for signing up. One of the most popular welcome bonuses is a free spins bonus. The way this works, obviously, is you get to try an online slot machine for free. Generally, casinos use these bonuses to promote specific machines, but now and then you'll get to pick the machine you want to play. Wherever you end up using them, free spins are free spins!
What defines the best online casinos in Canada?
When it comes to choosing the right Canadian online casino, there are a lot of factors. But it's not enough to do one or two things right to earn a top rating. For example, maybe a casino has an awesome welcome bonus, but rarely ever pays any jackpots. Or, they have an incredible selection of games, but there are barely any payment options. Indeed, you need to consider all of this. The top 10 best online casinos in Canada are going to have excellent bonuses, games, and security. They will also offer fast payouts with a variety of popular payment options. On top of that, you want a place that's got top-notch customer support, so when issues do arise, they're dealt with promptly.
How we rate all legal Canadian online casinos
We never vouch for an online casino until we are satisfied that it offers cutting-edge services to players. Here are the crucial dynamics that come into play when rating legal Canadian casino online:
License and regulations
A license is a basic requisite for any iGaming platform. A licensed casino builds confidence in players to deposit funds to their accounts and wager. Besides, licensing indicates the casino practices fair play and is ready to abide by the gaming rules and regulations. Therefore, a casino licensed by the Canadian Gaming Association (CGA) and an internationally acclaimed gaming regulator like MGA gets a thumbs up.
Safety and security
The online safety and security of players are paramount. As a player, you want to be sure your personal and confidential data is safe all the time. For instance, you’ll provide your credit or debit card details to your casino if you prefer that payment method. A perfect casino should safeguard such details to fend off unauthorized access. So, we look out for stuff like SSL (secure security layer) encryption technology and firewalls. The casino’s online portal must have SSL encryption, and the server should be under firewall protection.
Trustworthy and reputation
A casino that lives to the expectation of players is worth considering. And you can easily tell a trustworthy gaming platform from the treatment players receive from it. A barrage of unending complaints with little redress raises a red flag and result in a tainted reputation. We’ve seen cases where players are cheated out of their winnings by unscrupulous casino operators. Also, there are cases of delayed payouts and dishonest promotions. Casinos with such a reputation are not worth a spot on our list of the best online casinos in Canada.
Number and variety of games
A good casino should have an extensive games' library for players to choose and play their favorite games. Those who are into stuff like Blackjack, Roulette, Slots, Poker, live dealer games, and more should have a variety to choose from. We consider the number of games and variety as a vital factor in any casino while rating. The more, the merrier. That said, we also look at the quality of games a casino has to offer. Loads and loads of low-quality games won’t count for us.
User experience (app)
A good casino should have an easy-to-navigate online platform. Plus, the menus should be readable and well-arranged to make it easy for you to access your favorite game. The casino should also have an app for players who prefer using their mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. In cases where there’s no app, there should be a mobile site. That will enable users with mobile devices to seamlessly access the casino on their gadgets and have some fun on the go.
Bonuses and promotions
Bonuses motivate players in a big way. That’s why online casinos in Canada and the entire world give some to players. Therefore, we look at the type and value of bonuses a specific casino gives to players. Also, we try to figure out how realistic the promotions casinos run are and if eligible players receive them. The better and realistic the bonuses and promotions are, the better the rating.
Loyalty program (VIP-program)
Being loyal to a casino calls for a reward. For that reason, some casinos have loyalty programs where you accrue points whenever you play for real money. There are casinos with hefty perks for members in the loyalty or VIP program. And so, we find out what privileges players get for their participation in such programs. The more the privileges, the better the score a casino earns.
Deposit and withdrawal options
Players have to transfer cash to and from their casino accounts. So, we are interested in the number and diversity of payment options a casino supports to facilitate deposits and withdrawals. A perfect casino should allow players the freedom to choose their preferred payment methods. Popular and secure deposit and withdrawal options like bank transfers, eWallets, and credit/debit cards should be available.
Available bonuses at Canadian online casinos and gambling sites
Canadian online casinos try to stay afloat in the middle of stiff competition by giving players bonuses. Even though the casino bonus they offer at the gambling sites vary from operator to operator, there are common ones across most platforms. Here they are:
- Sign up bonus: Given to new players upon signing up with a casino. Signup bonuses are typically meant to welcome new players. In most cases, players have to deposit a specific amount of cash on their newly-created account to claim this bonus.
- No deposit bonus: Players receive this bonus without necessarily having to deposit any cash on their accounts.
- Match bonus: In this case, you get double the amount you deposit in your account. For instance, depositing C$70 earns you an additional C$70, which the casino credits to your account.
- Reload bonus: Reload bonuses are given to players for continually depositing cash on their accounts.
- Free spins: Players enjoy free spins after meeting a specified requirement. The number of free spins you receive varies from one casino to another. Also, most Canadian online casinos specify the games on which to use your free spins.
- Bonus codes: These are unique numbers players use to claim bonuses. Promo and bonus codes are either numerical or alphanumeric and expire after a specified period.
- Cashback bonus – Canadian online casinos have different criteria for giving cashback bonuses. For instance, you may receive a cashback for missing a win in a specific game by a certain margin.
How to sign up at a Canadian online gambling site
Signing up at any gambling site should never be an intimidating task. Here is a general step-by-step guide to doing it:
- Use your browser to access one of the top 10 online casinos you want to sign up for.
- Navigate the site and look for a button like “Sign Up”, “Open Account”, “Register”, “Create Account”, etc.
- Fill out the signup form by providing all mandatory details, including your name, email address, gender, year of birth, and more.
- Some sites may ask you to verify your details by sending a verification link to your email. So, open the link to complete the verification process.
Top up your account and start wagering as per the casino’s terms and conditions.
Popular casino games in Canada
There are lots of attention-grabbing casino games for your entertainment in Canada. Some popular games you will get in different online casino in Canada include:
- Slots: Aloha, Starburst, Wild Five, Royal Seven, Combat Masters, Gonzo’s Quest, and Divine Fortune are some famous slots you will get.
- Roulette: If you love roulette, there are thrilling options you don’t want to miss. Notable ones include European Roulette VIP, Roulette Royal, 3D European Roulette, Roulette Pro, and European Roulette.
- Blackjack: You will get Blackjack variants like Spanish 21, Double Exposure Blackjack, Double Attack Blackjack, Super Fun 21, Blackjack Switch, and more.
- Poker: There are interesting poker games like Joker Poker, Poker King, Three Card Poker, Royal Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, and more.
- Baccarat: Baccarat fans can enjoy Baccarat Banque, EZ baccarat, Super 6, and many others.
- Craps: This dice game will help you kill boredom besides making cash. Enjoy Las Vegas Craps, Bastard Craps, New York craps, and others.
Online gambling payment methods for Canucks
Speaking of payment options, there are a lot of widely used services out there, so there's no good excuse for a casino in the top 10 to make a hassle out of transferring money. PayPal, Interac, and Skrill are just a few of the many options, and that's not even considering the big guys like Mastercard and VISA.
Despite whatever method you choose, you'll want to find an online casino that offers quick payouts. It's never a good idea to have your money tied up in long processing times. Don't forget you need to consider your own bank's processing time as well. There's nothing worse than hitting a big jackpot and having to wait forever to get paid.
Most popular payment methods for Canadians
There is a broad array of payment methods for Canadian casino players to choose whichever is convenient for them. Furthermore, it is safe to use these methods, and transaction processing takes much less time. Here are some of the payment methods you will get in Canada:
- Skrill – Depositing is instant, and withdrawal takes a maximum of 2 days.
- Neteller – Instant depositing and takes up to 2 days to withdraw.
- Bank Transfer – Depositing is instant, and the withdrawal period varies from bank to bank. But it generally takes a maximum of 6 working days.
- Trustly – Instant depositing while withdrawals take a maximum of 4 days.
- Skrill 1-Tap – This eWallet has instant deposit processing, and withdrawals will take you up to 2 days.
- Visa – Both credit and debit Visa cards have instant depositing and a maximum withdrawal period of 6 days.
- MuchBetter – Instant depositing and a maximum withdrawal period of 2 days.
- EcoPayz – Depositing is instant, while withdrawals take up to 2 days.
- Paypal – A popular eWallet with instant deposit processing periods and takes a maximum of 2 days to withdraw.
- Rapid – Instant depositing while withdrawals take a maximum of 4 days.
- Interac – Sometimes depositing takes up to 24 hours while withdrawals can take a maximum of 6 weekdays.
- Astropay – Depositing is instant and takes up to 3 days to withdraw.
Responsible gambling and how to get help
Problem gambling or gambling addiction is widespread across the globe. That’s why governments and non-governmental organizations have programs to help players battling problem gambling. Some Canadian online casinos have a self-exclusion program to help affected players. Note that self-exclusion is voluntary. However, you can be arrested for trying to enter a casino that participates in this program once your name is on the self-exclusion list.
You can seek the services of a gambling counselor as soon as you realize you are sinking into a gaming addiction. Besides, there are toll-free help phone numbers to call in Canada when you need help with gambling addiction. Here are some of them:
- Alberta Problem Gambling Resources Network – 1-866-461-1259
- Manitoba Addictions Help Line – Problem Gambling – 1-800-463-1554
- New Brunswick Gambling Information Line – 1-800-461-1234
- Ontario ConnexOntario Help Line – 1-866-531-2600
- Saskatchewan Problem Gambling Helpline – 1-800-306-6789
- British Columbia Problem Gambling Help Line – 1-888-795-6111
- Quebec Gambling: Help and Referral – 1-800-461-0140
- Newfoundland Problem Gambling Help Line – 1-888-899-4357
- Prince Edward Island Problem Gambling Help Line – 1-855-255-4255
- Northwest Territories General Help Line – 1-800-661-0844
- Nova Scotia Problem Gambling Help Line – 1-888-347-8888
- Nunavut Kamatsiaqtut Help Line – 1-800-265-3333
Problem gambling can lead to serious social problems like depression and even suicide in extreme cases. Also, it results in bankruptcy, domestic violence, and family breakups. And online casinos are aware of that, hence the reason why they encourage players to gamble responsibly. The Canada Safety Council also partakes in combating problem gambling. Do not hesitate to seek help if you realize a family member or friend is addicted to gambling.
Canadian online casinos summary
To sum up, Canadians have a lot to choose from when it comes to online casinos. That's because geographical location isn't a major factor limiting you from playing. Considering there are countless casinos, it's important to only settle for the best. By best, we mean a great Canadian online casino should have:
- Awesome bonuses and offers
- Diverse payment methods
- Safe banking methods
- A wide array of games
- A very high trust factor
- Nice design and a site that's generally easy to use
You'll find some of these sites here on our site. That's not all, the experience is the same as that of a brick-and-mortar casino, if not better. Feel free to jump in for a chance to win real money.