Our complete and comprehensive guide to casino bonuses will answer all your questions and help you pick the right bonus.
Casino Bonus Info
|🎖️ Casinos with Bonus:||295 sites|
|🏆 Best Casino Bonus:||Spin Casino – 100% up to $1000 & 50 Free Spins for $1|
|⚡️ New Casino Bonus:||KatsuBet – 111% up to $1500 & 111 Free Spins|
|☝️ Largest Bonus:||WeltBet – 450% up to $4000|
|⭐ Casino Bonus $1:||Casino Classic – 40 Chances for $1|
|🍀 Best No Deposit Bonus:||ICE Casino – 50 No Deposit Free Spins|
|🚀 Top No Wager Bonus:||Wolfy Casino – Up to $1000 Without Wagering|
What is a Casino Bonus?
A casino bonus is a promotional offer to new or existing customers. Most often, it is part of a welcome offer to new players.
The bonus comes in many forms. It can be free spins, bonus money used on specific games, cashback on losses or other promotions.
Bonuses are often subject to wagering requirements, which means you have to play through the bonus several times before withdrawing any winnings. However, if you choose wisely, you can find bonuses that offer great value for money.
With so many casino bonuses available, it's essential to research before choosing one. By comparing the offers, you can make sure that you find the best deal for your needs.
Casino Bonus Thesaurus
With so many casino bonuses, knowing what is right for you can be hard. So here is a quick guide to the best online casino bonuses in NZ.
- Deposit bonus: The deposit bonus is a bonus you are only eligible for when you make a deposit. This is the most common form of casino bonus.
- No Deposit Bonus: A no-deposit casino bonus is a small bonus that doesn't require you to deposit to claim it. No-deposit bonuses are smaller than other bonuses and usually have strict wagering requirements. However, they are a great way to try out a new casino without risking any of your own money.
- Welcome Bonus: The casino welcome bonus, or welcome package, is not a type of bonus per se. Instead, it is just the promotion to attract new casino players. Most times, the welcome bonus is either a first deposit match bonus, a free spin offer or a combination of both.
- Sign-up bonus: The signup bonus isn't a type of bonus but rather a term. Most casinos use it to describe their welcome bonus. If this is the case, they mean the promotional offer you receive as a new depositing player at their gambling site. Most often, this is a deposit match bonus. Other casinos use it in its more direct form, meaning a bonus you get for signing up (registering). If this is the case, it is a No deposit bonus, meaning you will get either bonus money or free spins to play for without making a deposit.
- Deposit match bonus: This is by far the most common bonus. A deposit match bonus is a promotional offer that matches your deposit amount up to a certain percentage. For example, if you deposit $100 and the casino offers a 100% deposit match bonus, you will receive an additional $100 in bonus funds, for a total of $200.
- Online casino promotion: The casino promotion can be any bonus for any player. All casinos have promotions for both new and current players. Sometimes, it is a deposit match bonus for new players only; other times a cashback bonus or a free spins promotion exclusively for current gamblers.
- New casino bonus: This can only refer to a bonus available to new players. Sometimes it can also be used for describing a promotion from a new online casino site.
- Free Spins: Free spins are a type of bonus that can be used on slot machines. Most casinos will offer free spins as part of a welcome bonus, but some also offer them as standalone promotions. When you claim free spins, you'll be given a set number of spins to use on one or more online slots. In addition, any winnings from your free spins will be added to your account as bonus funds, which usually come with playthrough requirements attached.
- Cashback Bonus: A cashback bonus gives back a percentage of your losses over a certain period, up to a maximum limit. For example, a 10% cashback bonus up to $100 means you'll get back $10 for every $100 you lose, up to a maximum of $100. Cashback bonuses are often given as part of loyalty programs, but some casinos offer them as standalone promotions.
- Reload Bonus: A reload bonus is a type of deposit match bonus. Some casinos offer it as an incentive for players to make additional deposits into their accounts.
- No Wagering Bonus: A bonus with no wagering requirements. This is when the bonus amount is not tied up with any requirements. Once you claim the bonus, you can withdraw it. These bonuses are rare, as it is a tremendous financial risk for the casino. However, low-betting requirement bonuses (1x-5x playthrough requirements) are becoming more common in NZ. These are the best bonuses for you as a player, so keep your eyes open!
- Bonus wagering requirements: This is the number of times you have to play through the bonus amount to release the bonus amount and convert it to real, withdrawable cash. Typically, these are set to between 10x and 30-50x. The lower the playthrough requirements, the better for you. 10-20x is on the low scale and good for you, whereas 30-50x is on the higher scale and worse for you.
- Eligible games. Not all casino games count towards the bonus wagering requirements. When trying to clear a bonus, play games that contribute to the playthrough requirements, preferably at the highest possible rates. Slot games are usually the best to play, as they contribute at a 100% rate. Table games such as Roulette or Blackjack are fun but often contribute at a lower rate, if at all. This goes for both regular table games and live dealer games.
- Microgaming Casino Bonus: A Microgaming bonus is usually a form of promotion where you get free spins on a Microgaming slot machine if you deposit money.
- VIP and High Roller Bonuses: These bonuses are exclusive to players qualified for the casino site VIP program. Most often, these bonuses are cashback bonuses, calculated either on the turnover or the net loss of that VIP player. These bonuses can also include exclusive trips and gifts.
- Bonus Codes: You must apply to the cashier before you make a deposit to claim your bonus. Some casinos still use them, but they are becoming less common.
- Bonus Cap: This is the maximum bonus amount you will receive, regardless of how much you deposit over the bonus cap limit. For example, if the bonus is “100% up to $500” and you deposit $1000, you will still only get $500 in bonus money, leaving you with a total of $1500 to play with.
- Exclusive bonuses: These are bonuses reserved either for a small qualifying amount of players or can also refer to bonuses available only for new players from a specific region or referred by a particular channel, such as Casinoclaw.com.
Top List – Best Casino Bonus in NZ 2023:
- Gaming Club Casino: 100% Match Bonus up to $350 and 150 Free Spins.
- Casino Classic: 100% Bonus up to $200 and One Free Chance.
- Yukon Gold Casino: 100% Deposit Bonus up to $150 and 150 Free Spins.
- Royal Vegas Casino: 100% Bonus up to $1200 and 100 Chances.
- Captain Cooks Casino: Bonus up to $500 & 100 Chances.
- Jackpot City Casino: 100% Deposit Bonus up to $1600.
- Spin Casino: 100% Match up to $1000 and 50 Chances.
- Luxury Casino: 100% Casino Bonus up to $1000.
- Golden Tiger Casino: Big $1500 Match-Up Bonus.
- Zodiac Casino: 80 Chances Worth a Total of $20.
How to Compare And Find The Best Casino Bonus For You
With the hundreds of online casino sites available to NZ players, all offering their unique bonuses, it is essential for you to be methodical in your approach to choosing the best online casino bonus. With our years of experience, combined with a lot of dollars lost and won, we have created this casino bonus comparison checklist for you to follow:
- Eligibility. You first need to check if you are eligible for this bonus. Is the bonus for new players only? Is it available in NZ?
- Deposit bonus or No deposit bonus. This is the first step in categorizing the bonus. Do you need to deposit at the casino to claim your bonus, or is signing up enough?
- Freespins or deposit match. If you want to try a new slot game but not necessarily deposit a large amount, focus on the free spins part of the bonus. On the other hand, if you want to maximize your gambling balance, you should look more closely at the deposit match part of the welcome bonus. Both are nice!
- Look for a bonus cap that matches your preferred deposit. For example, if you have set a budget of $50 for your first deposit, there is no point in looking for a high bonus cap of thousands of dollars. In this case, the bonus percentage is more relevant for you. Try to find a nice 200% bonus or higher to maximize your bonus. On the other hand, if you’re a high roller and have a $2000 budget for your first deposit, look for a bonus with the highest possible bonus cap.
- Check the wagering requirements. You want to claim a bonus with the lowest possible wagering requirements to clear your bonus amount, so you can cash out whenever you want to. If you pick a bonus with low requirements, your chances of winning at the end of the day increase.
- Check the T&Cs. We know. You want to dive into the fun and start playing as soon as possible, but you must check the terms. You don't need to dive deep into the general terms of the gambling site, but all bonuses have a small link in the fine print with the bonus conditions for this specific bonus. Click this one and read it! Usually, it’s only a couple of sentences and takes you under a minute to go through.
- All done. Claim your bonus! If you made it here and it still feels like it’s the best choice, go ahead and claim it. Have fun and good luck!
How to Claim The Best Casino Bonus In NZ
NZ players have a wide range of bonuses, including no-deposit bonuses, free spins, and match deposit bonuses. However, before taking advantage of these offers, you must know how to claim them. Here is a step-by-step guide to claiming casino bonuses in New Zealand:
- The first step is to find a reputable online casino that offers bonuses for NZ players.
- Once you have found a suitable site, create an account and log in.
- Once logged in, navigate to the casino's promotions page and select the bonus you want to claim. For example, if you claim a no deposit bonus, enter the code when prompted. However, if you are claiming a match deposit bonus, you must make a qualifying deposit amount before the bonus is credited to your account.
- Once you have met the requirements, the bonus will be added to your account balance, and you can start playing!
|Free Spins||200 Free Spins|
|Bonus||100% up to C$2000|
|Free Spins||300 Free Spins|
|Bonus||100% up to C$1000|
|Free Spins||200 Free Spins|
|Bonus||100% up to C$1600|
|Bonus||150% up to C$1500|
How to Make The Most Of Your Casino Bonus
If you're unsure how to make the most of your online casino bonus, here are a few tips to help you get started.
- First, be sure to check the playthrough requirements and eligible games. Players often forget to do this, and then they're disappointed when they can't use their bonus on their favourite slots or table games.
- Second, take advantage of bonus codes. These can give you extra perks like free spins or cash back.
- Third, remember that the bonus size isn't always the most important thing. Sometimes it's better to go for a smaller bonus with more favourable wagering requirements than a significant bonus that's tough to clear.
- Lastly, don't be afraid to ask for help. The customer service team at your online casino can usually offer valuable advice about making the most of your bonus.
Follow these tips, and you'll be well on your way to making the most of your next bonus.
Checking For Casino Bonus Terms And Conditions
When choosing an online casino, you must carefully read the bonus terms and conditions. While most bonuses are straightforward, there may be some requirements that must be met to qualify.
For example, some bonuses may only be available to players who make a minimum deposit. In contrast, others may require you to wager a certain amount before the bonus can be withdrawn.
Furthermore, casinos are not uncommon to impose time limits on bonus funds, so checking how long you have to meet the play-through requirements is essential.
By taking the time to read the bonus terms and conditions, you can avoid any surprises down the road.
Understanding Wagering Requirements
Wagering requirements allow casinos to protect themselves from players who would otherwise take advantage of their bonuses.
By requiring players to wager a certain amount of money before they can withdraw their winnings, casinos can ensure that players are placing bets and not simply taking advantage of the bonus.
However, understanding how wagering requirements work can be confusing for players. Generally, wagering requirements are calculated by multiplying the bonus amount by a certain number.
So if you received a $100 bonus with a 10x wagering requirement, you would need to bet a total of $1,000 before you could withdraw your winnings.
Wagering requirements vary greatly from casino to casino, so it's important to read the fine print before claiming any bonuses.
With a little research, you can find the casino bonus that best suits your needs.
|Match Bonus||Wagering Requirement||You Deposit||Your Bonus||Wagering|
Understanding What Counts Towards Meeting Wagering Requirements On Bonuses
Not all games contribute equally to meeting the play-through requirements.
For example, slots usually count 100% towards meeting the requirement, while table games such as blackjack and roulette usually only count 10-50%.
As a result, it is vital to understand any bonus's amount and contribution rate before you start betting.
Avoiding Common Mistakes Made When Trying To Clear a Casino Bonus
Players make a few common mistakes when trying to clear their bonuses.
- First, they fail to read the terms and conditions of the bonus before they start playing. As a result, they may be unaware of essential requirements like the wagering requirement or the eligible games.
- Second, they bet more than the maximum allowed amount. This can invalidate the bonus and any winnings derived from it.
- Third, they try to cash out before meeting the wagering requirement. This, too will result in the forfeiture of the bonus and any winnings.
- Finally, they play ineligible games. Again, this will void the bonus and any associated winnings.
You can avoid these mistakes by taking a few minutes to read the bonus terms and conditions before they start playing. By doing so, you can be sure that you understand all the requirements and can take advantage of the bonus while minimizing your risk of losing it.
Free Spins Bonuses
Free spins bonuses are one of the most popular casino bonuses around. As it is so immensely popular with NZ players, we have a whole page dedicated to free spins here.
The free spin bonus allows players to spin the reels of a slot machine for free, with the potential to win real money. While some free spins bonuses do not require a deposit, most offers will require you to deposit before you can claim your bonus.
Once you have made your deposit, the casino will credit your account with the appropriate number of free spins. You can then use these free spins to play the slots, with the chance of winning real money prizes.
In most cases, winnings from free spins bonuses may be subject to wagering requirements, so it is always important to check the terms and conditions before claiming any offer.
However, if you meet the wagering requirements, you will be able to keep what you win from your free spins bonus.
|Bonus||Up to C$1200|
|Free Spins||200 Free Spins|
|Bonus||100% up to C$500|
|Free Spins||115 Free Spins|
|Bonus||Bonus up to C$500|
|Free Spins||100 Chances!|
No Deposit Bonus
Any seasoned kiwi gambler (or not-so-seasoned, honestly) can tell you that the no deposit bonus is the holy grail of online casino bonuses.
A no deposit bonus is a type of bonus you can receive without having to deposit. You can sign up for an account and start playing with free cash.
These bonuses are usually given as a welcome bonus or as part of a bonus offer. No deposit bonuses can be used to play slots, table games, or video poker.
However, they often come with wagering requirements and other terms and conditions. For example, you may only be able to withdraw your winnings after meeting these requirements. No deposit bonuses are a great way to try out new casinos or games and possibly win real money without risking your own.
Casino Match Bonus
The casino match bonus is by far the most common casino bonus there is. The structure is that the casino agrees to match a certain percentage of the deposits made by the player up to a maximum amount.
For example, if a casino offers a 100% match bonus of up to $500, and the player deposits $500, the casino will credit the player's account with an additional $500. In this case, it leaves you with a total gambling budget of $1000.
Casino match bonuses are usually subject to wagering requirements, which means that the player must wager a certain amount of money before the bonus can be withdrawn.
You must bet a certain amount before withdrawing the bonus funds as cash.
For example, a casino may have wagering requirements of 30x. You must bet 30 times the bonus amount before withdrawing the money. In our example from above, it means you have to wager the $500 bonus 30 times. 30 x $500 = $15.000. If you play with $10 spins on a slot machine, that's 1500 spins.
Casino match bonuses can be a great way to boost your bankroll, but you must know the wagering requirements (found in the bonus terms) before you claim one.
100%, 200% or 300% Bonus
Match deposit bonuses aren't limited to welcome bonuses, either. Plenty of casinos will offer special reload bonuses or maybe a bonus on a specific day of the week. These casino promotions are also match bonuses and work the same way. They'll give you some house money if you deposit within the specified time frame.
If you don't gamble that much, it might be worth waiting and only making deposits when the casino gives out match bonuses. This can be from 50% up to 200% or even 300% or more. That's certainly one way to stay ahead of the game.
|Free Spins||200 Free Spins|
|Bonus||200% up to C$500|
|Free Spins||30 Free Spins|
|Bonus||200% up to C$2300|
|Free Spins||75 Free Spins|
Match bonuses are undoubtedly the most popular bonuses you will ever find in many of the best NZ online casinos. You will usually get a bonus after signing up with a casino. Again, you may get this bonus on your first, second, or third deposit. It all depends on the casino you choose to join.
Best Online Casino Welcome Casino Bonuses in NZ
Casino Welcome Bonuses, also known as Sign Up Bonuses, are one of the most popular promotions at online casinos.
They are typically offered to new players as an incentive to sign up for an account and make a deposit. Welcome Bonuses can take many forms, but the most common is a match bonus, where the casino will match a certain percentage of your deposit up to a maximum amount.
Check out our dedicated page for welcome bonuses here.
No Wagering & Low Wagering Casino Bonuses
In most cases, you will find that welcome bonuses online have wagering requirements. This entails the number of times you must wager the bonus before withdrawing.
However, the new trend is that casinos offer bonuses with no wagering requirements. You only need to place a bet with the bonus and withdraw immediately after the win.
If you get this bonus, you will enjoy fast deposits and withdrawals.
The bonus may sound great, but it is unavailable in many casinos. To be on the better side, always look for bonuses with as low wagering requirements as possible.
|Bonus||Up to C$1000|
|Bonus||100% up to C$2000|
|Free Spins||300 Free Spins|
|Bonus||100% up to C$200|
|Free Spins||250 Free Spins|
Fast Payout Bonuses
A fast payout is what all players desire. As a result, you will find NZ casinos restructuring to offer fast deposits, which results in fast payouts.
Unlike the usual welcome bonus conditions, fast payout bonuses do not have a wagering requirement. However, even if they have, you will realize it is low.
For example, the wagering requirement may be none or as low as 5x. As you can see, this deal gives you a chance of getting winnings immediately after clearing the bonus.
Also, the deals even become better when combined with no wagering. So, don’t just use any casino. We always provide you with a list of casinos with fast payout bonuses.
Microgaming Casino Bonus
When you mention the best software developers, you cannot overlook a big name like Microgaming. Most of their games offer a long-lasting experience, and you will always crave more.
Now you can imagine those best games coming with a bonus. Some NZ casinos, primarily the Rewards brands, are great places for Microgaming bonuses.
VIP and High Roller Bonuses in NZ
As a long-time gambler in any online casino in NZ, your loyalty is always a priority. As a result, you deserve a token of appreciation to keep you engaged. With this regard, your place in the casino is VIP, and it doesn't come empty-handed.
There is a handsome casino bonus known as a high roller bonus. These VIP bonuses often come as cashback at regularly occurring periods. Often, you get your cashback calculated once a week, on Fridays or Sundays, but some casinos do it monthly.
High Roller cashback is usually calculated on net player loss, which makes sense. Some casinos, however, are known to calculate on turnover, which means you get a cash-back bonus even if you have won over that period. So, if you’re a high roller about to enlist in a VIP program, always reach out to your account manager and set a good deal for yourself. Preferably a turnover-based cashback deal rather than one based on net losses!
VIP- and high-roller bonuses and cashback are not one-off deals but are reserved for returning high-stakes players. Stick to one casino and bet high over an extended period to get this lucrative bonus. If you are up for this, choose one of the best NZ casinos and stick to it.
Online Casino Bonus Codes
Online casino bonus codes are promotional offers that can be redeemed only when using a specific code. The bonus may be in the form of free spins, free credits, or a deposit match.
Although less and less frequent, some casinos still use bonus codes.
Bonus codes are usually entered during the registration process or when making a deposit, and they can also be found on the casino's website or through special promotions. Interestingly, you will get these promo codes whether you are a new or existing customer.
Bonus codes can be a great way to boost your bankroll, but it's essential to read the terms and conditions carefully before redeeming any offers. Otherwise, you may forfeit your winnings or be unable to withdraw your bonuses.
Highest Casino Bonus Online
When you start looking at the different bonuses that online casinos offer, it will make it much easier to narrow them down. Some casinos will give players the highest bonuses. They’ll offer incredibly generous amounts of house money.
Other casinos will offer bonuses that are so weak they might as well not offer any bonus at all. And then, some don't offer any casino bonus at all. Nevertheless, it’s worth paying attention to, especially if you're new to online gambling. You want your first few experiences to be positive ones.
Casino Bonus Pros
A casino bonus gives you more time to play without utilizing real money in the account. Thus, you can do more using the bonus. These are the pros of a casino bonus.
- A casino bonus is a great way to boost your bankroll.
- You can enjoy new games using the bonus without risking your own money. In addition, if you lose, you still maintain your bankroll because you are using a bonus.
- It helps you develop a gaming strategy via the trial-and-error method without using real money.
Casino Bonus Cons
- Casino bonuses usually come with high wagering requirements.
- They can also lock up your real money balance, making it impossible to withdraw your cash. Check the bonus terms and don’t accept a match bonus that locks up your real cash.
- Some casinos do not allow enough time for players to use the offer altogether.
- Not all bonuses can be used on any online casino games.
- You cannot withdraw the money you earn from playing using the bonus until the playthrough requirements are met. This can leave you with a feeling of frustration rather than joy. This is not a great gaming experience.
- Casino bonuses can increase the risk of gambling addiction. Please check our responsible gambling page or contact Gambling Therapy if you feel you are at risk.
Most casinos require you to deposit cash into your newly-created account to trigger your welcome bonus. Be sure to check with the casino for the minimum deposit required.
No, casinos have the discretion to throw in some free spins in addition to the welcome bonuses they offer players.
Yes, but only when you've met the wagering requirements.
Online casino bonuses can be worthwhile. Do your homework and pick a casino bonus with terms that suit you.
Online casinos offer bonuses to attract new customers and retain their existing ones. It's also a “win-win” thing for online gamblers because having free money means more extended playtime and more bets.
Players receive an offer from the casino site that matches whatever amount they deposit – up to a certain percentage. So, for instance, if the site offers a 100% match bonus of up to $200, they will give you an extra $200 to spend if you deposit $200.
You must make a minimum deposit to claim a match bonus offer. Every casino specifies this detail on its offer page.
Yes. Bonuses often come with a validity period, and you must use them within this time. For example, most casinos offer a validity period of 7 days, and if you don't use them during this time, the bonus expires.
Yes. Every casino sets its terms and conditions, including the wagering requirement, eligible games, validity period, maximum cashout limit, etc. Therefore, you must go through the details of the match bonus, including the wagering requirement offer, before claiming it.
After you have made the minimum qualifying deposit, you can claim your match bonus. The funds will be transferred to your account quickly, and you can use them to play eligible games. Some casinos require players to contact customer care service to activate their bonus.
Casino bonuses are essentially free money that casinos give players to encourage them to play at their casino. Casino bonuses are an excellent way for players to increase their bankroll and get more value out of their gambling budget.
Sometimes. However, not entirely. The best casino game to clear a casino bonus is generally slot games. Sometimes the casino also restricts the slot games, making only slots from one specific provider like NetEnt or even specific games like Book of Dead.
Final Thoughts On The Best Casino Bonuses Currently Available to kiwis
As any seasoned casino player knows, bonuses can make a big difference in your overall gambling experience.
With so many different casinos and bonus offers, it can be tough to know where to start.
However, if you're a NZ player looking for a new top online casino with the best casino bonus possible, there are a few factors you'll want to keep in mind.
- First, check the wagering requirements and game restrictions of any bonus you're considering. These can vary widely from casino to casino, so it's crucial to find an offer that suits your playing style.
- Next, please take a look at the size of the bonus itself. A bigger bonus doesn't always mean a better deal, so compare the terms and conditions before making your decision.
- Finally, don't forget to check for special promotions or VIP programs that could help you boost your chances of winning big.
By keeping these factors in mind, you can find the best casino bonus for your needs. Good luck, and have fun!
Lars Wahlström is a recognized leader in the iGaming industry, with over 20 years of experience from both the tech side and an operator. He's now CEO and Publisher at ARGO Gaming Group, the company behind Casinoclaw.
Games and gambling has been an interest of Lars' since early years and besides slots and casino, he's also into poker, sports betting and trotting.
All this experience is drawn upon when he writes, and we dare say he's one of the best casino writers out there. Lars' base is the ARGO HQ and Stockholm office, but he travels a lot and often participates in industry trade shows and panels. To get in contact with Lars, use our contact page or message him directly on LinkedIn or Twitter.